Cruise M1030 on the Braemar to the Caribbean
(Please scroll down to see my photographs and report)
||Montego Bay, Jamaica
||Mayfield River Walk
||Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
||Road Town, Tortola, BVI
||To Norman & Peter Islands.
||Castries, St. Lucia
||Tropical Rain Forest.
||Too rough to land!
||St. John's, Antigua
||St. George's, Grenada
||Kingstown, St. Vincent
Geoff, Lyn, James & Martin
The Baths, British Virgin Islands
Beach on Antigua
English Harbour, Antigua
Here's my report on the cruise:
Just to let you know that I have just got back from my cruise
in the Caribbean on the Braemar.
Good points were:
- Dressing up as Santa Claus for the photographers!
- Giving my "Story of the Black Watch Regiment" lecture again.
- Eating in the lovely triple aspect Palms Café for most meals.
- Eating in the Thistle Restaurant when speciality buffets took place in the Palms Café.
- First visits to :
- Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Scarborough, Tobago
- Kingstown, St. Vincent
Bad points were:
- Too rough to land in Dominica.
For the record ...
- Food: Excellent, best in the fleet!
- Tours: At every port!
- Weather: Excellent.
- New ports: Four (see above).
- Sailaways: Several.
- Tea dance: One.
- Masonics: Hosted by my cabin mate James Wright.
- Service clubs: Hosted by my cabin mate James Wright.
- Dinner host: No.
- Line dancing: Yes, four classes.
- Sequence dancing: Some.
- Ballroom dancing: Lots.
- Western night: Yes, participation line dancing led my me.
- Tropical night: Yes, participation tropical dancing led by the lovely Jackie Probert.
- British (Red, White & Blue) night: Yes.
- Singles party: Yes.
- Singles lunch: No.
- Formal nights: Three.
- Cocktail parties: Five.
- Captain: Tom Hansen.
- Cruise Director: Allan Tait.
- Assistant Cruise Director: Jackie Probert.
- Hostess: Ivana Stanic.
- Hosts: Tom Grinstead and Elliot Taylor from BoMo.
- Cabin mate: James Wright from the Cotswolds.
- Dance couple: The lovely Lyn & Geoff Dye from Essex.
- Other dance hosts: No.
- Lecturer(s): Judy Karbritz (poetry), Robin Blount (chaplain), Maureen Hiron (bridge) and Gillian Slade (crafts).
- Musician(s): Beverley Davison (violin), David McArthur (piano), Martin Orbidans (piano),
Hubert Greaves (steel drums), Rob B (troubador), 4th Dimension (pop) and the Rosario Trio (classical).
- Comedian(s): Ron Dale from Scotland.
- Singer(s): Robert Craig from Doncaster and Ma. Lou from the Philippines.
- Cabin: 3002 inside twin.
- Passenger(s): Jan, Joan, Peter, Betty and Margaret - all repeat cruisers!
- Good, free Wi-Fi:
- Main Street, Road Town
- New cruise terminal, St. Georges
- LIME Store, Bridgetown