Cruise P2014 on the Saga Pearl II across the Channel
(Please scroll down to see my photographs and read my report)
||Spirit & La Plaine au Bois
||Ghent & Canal Cruise
||Bayeux & Landing Beaches
||St. Peter Port, Guernsey
Noel Williams and me
Me in the Saga tour escorts uniform en route to Sark
Here's my report on the cruise:
Just to let you know that I have just got back from my cruise
across the Channel on the newly re-fitted Saga Pearl II.
She's a lovely small ship with only about 450 passengers on board.
Good points were:
- Tour escort in every port!
- Three lovely rear teak decks.
- Drinks allowance.
- Free launderette.
- Free fruit and water in cabin.
- Efficient cabin steward.
- Newly re-fitted contemporary interior:
- Lovely Verandah restaurant with large windows.
- Stunning library with Windows 7 widescreen computers.
- Useful board room equipped with 8 new laptops.
Usual evening programme:
- 18:15 - 19:00 Cocktail party or pre-dinner dancing.
- 19:00 - 21:00 Open seating dining in both waiter-served restaurants.
- 21:15 - 21:45 Pre-show dancing.
- 22:00 - 22:45 Show.
- 22:45 - 23:30 Post-show dancing.
For the record ...
- Food: Very good, lots of caviar, some beef but no cherries!
- Tours: In every port culminating in a glorious day on lovely Sark!
- Weather: Sunshine for last three days but cloudy for first three.
- Sailaways: Few.
- Tea dance: None.
- Masonics: Nope.
- Service clubs: No.
- Dinner host: No, open seating.
- Line dancing: None.
- Sequence dancing: None.
- Ballroom dancing: Very few dancing ladies.
- Western night: No.
- Tropical night: No.
- British (Red, White & Blue) night: Yes.
- Singles party: No.
- Singles lunch: No.
- Formal nights: Two - cream and black.
- Cocktail parties: Three.
- Captain: David Warden-Owen.
- Cruise Director: Tanya Whitehurst.
- Assistant Cruise Director: John Parton.
- Host/ess: Vicki Farquharson.
- Host: Fernando Perez.
- Cabin mate: Noel Williams.
- Dance couple: None.
- Lecturer(s): Jeff Chandler from RMCS and Maj Gen Stephen Carr-Smith.
- Musician(s): Nicola Loud violinist & Martinez duo (violinist & pianist).
- Comedian(s): Al Brown from Southport.
- Singer(s): Sarah Ryan soprano.
- Song of the cruise: (There'll Be Blue Birds Over) The White Cliffs of Dover.
- Cabin: 335
- Passenger(s): Rupert Allason former MP / Nigel West spy writer.